Thu, 26 Jan|
Edinburgh, Glasgow and Online
Code Free Tech Career Course (1)
The Digital Revolution has begun. But not all careers in the digital space require coding. So join us for our online and interactive course to learn how you can develop your skills and prosper in the new world.
Time & Location
26 Jan, 11:00 – 27 Jan, 11:00
Edinburgh, Glasgow and Online, 525 Ferry Rd., Edinburgh EH4 2FF, UK and Glasgow (TBC) and Online
About the Event
Code Free Tech Career Course for Ethnically Diverse Communities
An online course now open for people in Edinburgh AND Glasgow with live group support from career advisors.
Prespect Hub CIC, in collaboration with Anu Sanya - the Technical Program Manager for Amsterdam-based Global Trust & Safety - brings you an online course to help you develop the skills you need to prosper in this transformative time. This is your chance to learn from professionals as they teach you the necessary skills to start your tech career WITHOUT any code!!
Roles covered will include:
- UI/UX Designers
- Data Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Project/Program Manager
- Product Managers
- Quality Assurance / Tester
What you will gain from taking this course
- After gaining knowledge from the professionals, you will research and learn more about the roles before practising with live sessions at our Edinburgh Venue or online.
- The course is broken into short modules that will accumulate your knowledge, and you will go on to a final presentation at which you will pitch your developed idea for an app. This will add much sought-after power skills to your CV.
- As well as this, participants will be able to join our Career Accelerator Course Modules with Live support from a Career adviser to support with live applications, job interviews and feedback.
- The course modules are dropped weekly.
Thank you to our funders and sponsors
This opportunity is funded by the Capital City Partnership (on behalf of The City of Edinburgh Council), Network of Employability Support and Training (NEST) grants, The Scottish Government and the Hunter Foundation.
For the in-person support part of the project, we are targeting Ethnically diverse community members based in Edinburgh and surrounding areas (West Lothian, East Lothian and Midlothian) (and now Glasgow) who:
Have been out of paid employment for at least three months or more
Returning mothers and people with carer responsibility who want to switch careers.
Highly skilled immigrants who have been searching for jobs for the last three months or more
Tickets are free to eligible individuals, and spaces are limited - so please only apply if you can complete the entire course series and attend the live sessions in either Edinburgh or Glasgow.
If you have any questions or need help with this application, please email email@example.com.
Code Free Tech Career Course